Without question, the unprecedented measures relating to COVID-19 are a concern to Creative Camps and parents alike. Yesterday Gov. Roy Cooper announced that summer day camps in NC would proceed this summer (see press release here). Parents who have registered for camps are reflecting to us the need for both safety of their children as well as a hope that camps will proceed in order to give them and their kids a break from being cooped up at home. This is also reflected in Gov. Cooper’s decision.
Despite this, our top priority is the safety and wellbeing of our campers and camp staff. Therefore Creative Camps will issue a formal decision at the end of May/ beginning of June on whether camps will proceed this summer during July 2020. If we do proceed with camps, we will also introduce new processes for ensuring the safety of all involved.
Until this decision is made, our current cancellation policy will remain in place. We anticipate a more favorable policy to advise with the formal decision announcement.
Until then, stay safe!