So what is Creative Camps All About?
Explore. Envision. Create.
Creative Camps envisions a world in which children grow up exploring, thinking for themselves, connecting with their communities, and acting to make the most of life for themselves and others. We build the skills of the maker, using the creative arts, the outdoors, and each other as our inspiration. Our staff are all experienced, certified teachers with a passion for teaching and the skills to scaffold bright young minds and build creative teams.
Our mission is to make the most of our skills as educators to provide exciting, creative and collaborative experiences for our campers.
We are passionate about connecting with our communities and providing activities that enable people to be mindful of our environmental and social responsibility. We believe that summer is the time for children to be engaged, imaginative, and have fun!
We believe Creative Camps is a place where:
- Everyone is respected and appreciated for their strengths and contributions.
- We are mindful of individual abilities and differences and assist every camper to meet their full learning potential.
- We are environmentally responsible.
- We provide a rich, challenging and exciting program is provided.
- Children have a caring place where they feel safe.
- We create a physical environment which supports innovative learning.
- We provide support for parents through effective management infrastructures (our fab website).
- We draw on community strengths, interests and community input.
Creative Camps is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organisation.
Creative Camps was the brainchild of two teachers who, through their daily profession, recognized that in this increasingly on-line digital world, kids were losing their tactile creativity and the ability to relate to the physical world around them.
Just because kids go on summer break doesn't mean education should stop. As classroom teachers, we're passionate about students and felt there was an opportunity to extend their education over the summer in fun and creative ways through immersive creative experiences. We also wanted to give the kids the 'back to nature' and creativity with their hands. I want children to dig in the dirt, get their hands into clay, bang in some nails, bend some metal. These are opportunities kids of the digital generation no longer have. Let's get them back into it.
I wanted to create an organization larger then myself, to provide more of the kinds of summer experiences I valued in my childhood and for my own children. Not everyone has the time or the resources to give their children time to choose, to imagine, to risk failure of an idea and problem-solve on their own time. To create in a way that supports the vital human tendency to wonder and get curious about the world and our place in it.